IMPORTANT: See my statement found here regarding my own use of sock puppets.
This is a follow-up to a previous post: I found a notice in my email today …
Personally, I am not surprised in the least by this result as it pertains to myself, but it seems the checkuser went the extra mile and did a more comprehensive investigation:
So, the checkuser has declared that based on the objective evidence in front of them that TheNeutralityDoctor not only isn’t me, they aren’t anyone else either. This result comes after a highly contentious debate filled with nothing but unfounded conjecture and wishful thinking on the part of those who wish to smear me.
An analysis of the only hard evidence available comes up empty. It’s a tough day for those who seem desperate for this to be true. I speak, of course, of those editors who have been dancing and edit warring over my wiki-grave in the rush to be the first to accuse me of wrong doing. A wiki-pox upon all their wiki-houses.
Let’s review the highlights of this case:
- A new user, Rush’s Algore, comes along and begins to edit an article which his name would suggest is near and dear to his heart. 03:14, 11 June 2010
- Hipocrite quickly runs to a friendly admin to try and get the interloper blocked because he is convinced they must be a sock puppet of Scibaby. 08:19, 11 June 2010
- When plan A fails to yield results, Hipocrite decides to engage in some good old fashioned harassment and bullying. 20:17, 11 June 2010
- When he isn’t able to bully the new editor off the page, Hipocrite throws a fit, picks up his toys, and runs off. 00:36, 12 June 2010
- With Hipocrite now out of the ring, his tag team partner shows up for a try. 02:36, 13 June 2010
- An uninvolved user shows up to ask Rush’s Algore to change his name to something less controversial. 23:43, 27 June 2010
- Presumably after having had run ins with two members of Team AGW and Hipocrite in particular Rush’s Algore was watching Hipocrite’s talk page. When he saw another editor being stonewalled he decided to lend a polite helping hand. 23:25, 28 June 2010
- When Hipocrite failed to make good on his pledge, Rush’s Algore took the discussion to the pertinent talk page. 23:43, 28 June 2010
- From there things went downhill with Rush’s Algore repeatedly asking Hipocrite to provide information he was refusing to provide.
- Rush’s Algore decides to change his name to TheNeutralityDoctor. 04:03, 30 June 2010
- I guess that pointing out when someone is not answering the question must be a trait of mine because another editor then raised an SPI request asserting that Rush’s Algore was me. 06:00, 30 June 2010
- Hipocrite who up to this point was convinced that Rush’s Algore was Scibaby decides to ditch that theory and jump on the latest bandwagon in his quest to rid himself of someone he simply disagrees with. 15:48, 30 June 2010
- Hipocrite is later forced to admit that while his “analysis” looked all scientific it in fact lacked the data required to draw any meaningful conclusions. Curious that he would choose to lob such an analysis into an SPI investigation when he was obviously aware that it was misleading and deficient, no? What did he think was going to happen? 09:20, 2 July 2010
- NuclearWarfare indefinitely blocks TheNeutralityDoctor citing the fact that open proxies had been used by both TND and myself. 14:47, 5 July 2010
- TheNeutralityDoctor posts on his talk page that people have been making unfounded assumptions and pointing out that the checkusers really do have his real IPs in addition to those from open proxies. 04:28, 12 July 2010
- NuclearWarfare asks for a quick checkuser investigation to verify what TND has been saying on his talk page. 02:33, 13 July 2010
- After having been alerted to this latest request in an email, I logged into my account and made a couple of edits so that the checkusers would have my real IP address as well. 14:59, 15 July 2010
- The checkuser results come back and indicate that there is no evidence that TheNeutralityDoctor is anyone else. 05:14, 25 July 2010
So, the only remaining question is: What will NuclearWarfare do with this new information?